- For the song, see Surfer Girl (song).
Surfer Girl is the third studio album by The Beach Boys and their second longplayer in 1963. This was the first album by The Beach Boys for which Brian Wilson was given full production credit, a position Wilson would maintain until the end of the ill-fated SMiLE sessions in 1967.
Surfer Girl hit #7 in the US during a chart stay of 56 weeks. In the UK, the album was re-released in spring 1967 and reached #13. Surfer Girl (Capitol (S) T 1981) is now paired on CD with Shut Down Volume 2, with bonus tracks from that period, including a German language version of "In My Room".
The front cover of Surfer Girl features (from right to left), Dennis Wilson, David Marks, Carl Wilson, Mike Love and Brian Wilson holding a surfboard from the same 1962 photo shoot that produced the cover of their album debut Surfin' Safari. The picture was taken by Capitol photographer Kenneth Veeder at Paradise Cove, north of Malibu.
- Side one
- "Surfer Girl" (Brian Wilson) - 2:26
- "Catch A Wave" (B. Wilson/Mike Love) - 2:07
- "The Surfer Moon" (B. Wilson) - 2:11
- "South Bay Surfer (The Old Folks at Home)" (music by Stephen Foster, lyrics by B. Wilson/Carl Wilson/Al Jardine) - 1:45
- "The Rocking Surfer" (traditional, arranged by B. Wilson) - 2:00
- "Little Deuce Coupe" (B. Wilson/Roger Christian) - 1:38
- Side one
- "In My Room" (B. Wilson/Gary Usher) - 2:11
- "Hawaii" (B. Wilson/Love) - 1:59
- "Surfers Rule" (B. Wilson/Love) - 1:54
- "Our Car Club" (B. Wilson/Love) - 2:22
- "Your Summer Dream" (B. Wilson/Bob Norberg) - 2:27
- "Boogie Woodie" (traditional, arranged by B. Wilson) - 1:56
- The Beach Boys
- Al Jardine - vocals, bass guitar, hand claps
- Mike Love - vocals, hand claps
- David Marks - , vocals, rhythm guitar
- Brian Wilson - vocals, piano, organ, bass guitar, hand claps
- Carl Wilson - vocals, lead guitar
- Dennis Wilson - vocals, drums, hand claps
- Other musicians
This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original content was at Surfer Girl. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.